At Wonderschool we have received feedback from thousands of parents on their experiences in their child care and preschool programs. There is one recurring theme that we hear again and again from parents: they want more communication.
Here are some examples of what we’ve heard from parents.
- “I’d like to better understand the body of knowledge or developmental achievements the team intends to help my child achieve.”
- “They don’t spontaneously tell me much about what happened during the day.”
- “Sometimes we think the communication could be better. There have been some recent staffing changes that we didn’t feel were communicated as well as they could be.”
- “We have not received a monthly status update of our child’s progress. Not sure how this would be measured at this stage in their lives.”
- “There is less communication regarding what’s being taught as well as individual student progress.”
- “We would like to have more feedback on what our child does on a daily basis (ie: tummy time).”
- “We feel rushed when dropping off and picking up so there hasn’t been much time for communication with the caregivers.”
- “Teachers are great with the kids but there is very minimal interaction with the parents.”
- “Would love more regular updates on what activities my child is doing each day.”
Parents want, need, and crave information on their children and what their children are experiencing when they’re not around.
How might we fix this?
Are you using an app to communicate with your parents? If not, why not? What are you waiting for? The Wonderschool app allows you to share quick and informative updates with parents just by tapping a few buttons. The Instagram-like feed means you don’t need to write out a novel every time you post, just a quick caption is perfect.
Strong communication is the foundation of any high quality child care program. It’s important to keep in mind that your parents are your customers and happy customers means a thriving business.
Join Wonderschool today, and let us support you in building a high quality and sustainable child care business.