The early years of children’s lives are the most critical when it comes to their development. At Golden Gate Kids, we believe that it is very important to have a child in an environment that is consistent and secure. We are dedicated to providing a safe, supportive, challenging and holistic learning environment for young children and their families. The philosophy of Golden Gate Kids is a learning model based on play. The overriding goal is for children to feel enthusiastic about learning, to be interested, curious, and happy as they learn, and to be deeply involved in new and challenging experiences. We will provide an environment where children feel safe and are encouraged to explore not only materials, but also their relationships with peers and adults.
Our objective is to create critical thinking in young children. This is done by; forming healthy attachment to adults, developing a positive self-image and development of the ‘whole child’ and supporting the idea of continuous growth through an enriched curriculum.We focus on and encourage;
- Fine Motor Development: used to increase small muscle development. This may include manipulating puzzles, drawing, coloring, painting, beading and manipulating print materials.
- Cognitive Development: used in our interactive learning environment. This includes the engagement with peers, adults, materials and activities.
- Physical Development: used in our interactive environment. This may include running, jumping, climbing, catching and ball playing, and structured outdoor time.
- Social Development: used to promote active learning experiences. This will be done by the use of many dramatic play experiences such as pretend play and role playing.
- Mathematical skills & Critical Thinking: used to increase all developmental areas. This may include phonological awareness, vocabulary knowledge, problem solving, creative planning, number concepts and peer interactions.
- Emotional: used to increase positive self-concepts. This may include the importance of human relationships such as peer interactions and adult/child interactions. This also includes peer negotiations, the ability to make choices and how to properly interact with others.
- Family Involvement: used to increase the educational ability of individual children. Parents are welcome to our open-door policy and encouraged to participate in many child centered activities. They are also encouraged to participate in program planning such as field trips and holiday decorating.
- Community Development: This includes local trips to the fire departments, police stations, grocery stores and pet shops are also part of our program. Also providing parents with community activities.
We believe that children learn through hands on play experiences and thrive emotionally, socially, physically, and cognitively when they are actively engaged with their environment and each other. Creative Curriculum, a developmental approach to learning, provides the foundation for daily activity planning, implementation and evaluation. By focusing on the whole child and providing stimulating experiences, Golden Gate Kids helps children develop advanced learning skills.
Join the Golden Gate Kids community in three easy steps:
Explore our website
We’ve provided basic information about our philosophies and offerings to help you decide if our program might be right for your family.
Tour the school
Come see (and feel) what makes Golden Gate Kids unique. Please schedule a tour by filling out the “Schedule Tour” form. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 209-213-2463.
Apply to Enroll
After you complete your tour, you will be able to apply to enroll. We will then send you an enrollment offer.
The Richmond neighborhood offers both convenience and a family friendly vibe. We love our neighborhood playgrounds and will head out often on adventures around the ‘hood. Your child’s typical day will offer both outside time and comfortable indoor play time with a mix of educational activities, weekly enrichment classes, and social interactions.
We aim to provide a safe, comfortable, stimulating, fun, and educational environment with a structured day plan. Activities will include free playtime, structured playtime, gross (large) motor skills playtime, fine (small) motor skills activities, story time and theater activities, arts and crafts, music and dance activities, nature and ecology awareness, nutrition, cultural activities, and other educational yet fun activities.
We also encourage good personal hygiene skills and manners. Through a mixture of guided and undirected creative play, children in our preschool will have the opportunity to learn about color, shapes, textures, numbers, letters, animals, seasons, feelings, senses, nutrition, personal hygiene, manners, basic science and math concepts, and creative concepts such as “pretend” play, art, music, drama, and dance. These are all things that most preschoolers are able to learn through creative, educational play. Each child will be allowed to learn at his/her own pace. We do not force a child to achieve developmental milestones. There will never be pressure on a child to learn something faster than he/she is able to.
Director and Head Teacher
Dayna Crompton’s love for children and their development led her to obtaining a Master’s degree in Education and Instruction. She taught multiple grade levels for the public school system in California for nine years. Dayna has also worked with students with disabilities, and continues her education by taking Early Education and Special Ed classes. Dayna has spent the past four years teaching Transitional Kindergarten for San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD). During her time at SFUSD, she became a Transitional Kindergarten Master Teacher. She also helped in the creation of the program curriculum, and planning for set up of report cards and classrooms. Dayna is dedicated and hard working. She has a passion for watching students learn and succeed through developmentally appropriate strategies and experiences. Dayna has two young daughters, and a husband, with whom she enjoys teaching Yoga and exploring the great outdoors. She has a very active family that loves exploring our beautiful city.
Annabelle Wildfong is one of seven siblings, so growing up she got plenty of experience helping to take care of her four younger siblings. She has also worked part-time for multiple families and was the go-to sitter for all her parents’ friends. Annabelle’s experience with children range from newborn to teens, but she mainly worked with kids from infancy until about age four when they started preschool. She has worked with large groups of kids on her own, for mothers’ book clubs and other parent get-togethers. Annabelle loves singing and dancing, as well as arts and crafts! She is an upbeat, friendly girl who is looking forward to working with your children.
We are a proud member of the Wonderschool network.
Wonderschool is a group of early childhood programs that combine the quality standards of the best child care centers with the warmth of an in-home program in your neighborhood.