The mission of American French Preschool is to develop our students’ academic excellence and moral character while immersed in the French language. During the preschool years, children’s brains are highly receptive to learning a new language through play.
Our philosophy is the “Whole Child” approach. The American French Preschool learning community aims to support each child’s potential with regard to certain principles:
- To consider that humans are social creatures and learning is a social endeavor.
- To develop the whole child.
- To celebrate and support the relationship between family, school and community.
- To support a child’s development of self-esteem and acknowledge the leadership potential within each individual.
- To develop the ability to communicate with others and the interest in reaching out to others.
- To respect each other and the precious and fragile environment we have inherited and will offer to the future generations.
- To each do what we can to make the world a better place.
- To facilitate and value each student as a lifelong learner and a resource to other learners.
- To promote a global education celebrating diversity with a commitment to peace and harmony in a just society.
Join our community in three easy steps:
- Explore our website We’ve provided basic information about our philosophies and offerings to help you decide if our program might be right for your family.
- Tour the school Come see (and feel) what makes American French Preschool unique. Please schedule a tour by filling out the “Schedule a Tour” form. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request enrollment offer. If you would like to enroll, request an enrollment offer after your tour. We’ll send it over for you to approve and sign.
You can also always apply here: http://www.wonderschool.com/americanfrench/apply
We are located in Brentwood in a large single family home on a quiet residential street.
Young children flourish in a nurturing and enriched environment with guidance. Our environment stimulates independent learning activities as well as teacher-guided discovery. We use differentiated instructions, integrating movement, pre-reading, math skill development, science and social studies. We encourage thinking, curiosity and problem solving. We also emphasize the development of social skills and value the importance of children’s social and emotional competence to their academic achievement and future social relationships and mental health. The arts are integrated into the curriculum to help children’s self-motivation and healthy self-esteem. This thoughtfully prepared curriculum provides a variety of experiences from which children construct their knowledge. We also provide basic French language and prepare children with emergent literacy skills relating to English and French language arts.
Your child explores the classroom and chooses activities in various areas. They may work individually or with others. They also learn through observation of peers. At the same time, teachers are actively observing. They are aware of the developmental levels and needs of each child while working with individual children or small groups. The observational records and ongoing assessment determine individual learning plans. The goal is to develop a self-motivation and engagement in lifelong learning.
Nacera Siamer, Director & Head Teacher
Nacera has over 14 years experience working with children, as well as an Associate’s Degree in Child Development with a Master’s Certificate. She has extensive experience create safe, enriching and fun environments for children and maintaining close relationships with families and caregivers. Nacera is also the mother of 4 children; 3 in college, 1 in elementary school. She hopes to share your memories and watch your children grow from their first day of school to hearing that they have graduated high school!
We are a proud member of the Wonderschool network.
Wonderschool is a group of early childhood programs that combine the quality standards of the best child care centers with the warmth of an in-home program in your neighborhood.